Shining A Light On A DC Milestone
2020 is the 80th anniversary of DC’s first Green Lantern Alan Scott and they’ve just announced a 100 page one shot coming. Here’s a few details…
Here’s the solicitation information:
Since the first Green Lantern was introduced inAll-American Comics #16in May 1940 by artist Martin Nodell and writer Bill Finger, the Green Lanterns have been fan-favorite characters with millions of comic book fans. From that first ring-wielding Lantern to the latest, and every strong-willed Super Hero in-between, many have spoken the Green Lantern oath and pledged to defend their home sector from evils of every nature. Now, in 2020, this corps of extraterrestrial space police built up from all alien races and places are celebrating 80 years of keeping the DC universe safe!
Here’s the lineup of variant cover artists and the decade that they will cover.
- 1940’s variant cover by Nicola Scott
- 1950’s variant cover by Matt Taylor
- 1960’s variant cover by Doug Mahnke
- 1970’s variant cover by Neal Adams
- 1980’s variant cover by David Finch
- 1990’s variant cover by Philip Tan
- 2000’s variant cover by Ivan Reis and Oclair Albert
- 2010’s variant cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams
And here’s the variants released so far except for the Lee and Williams one
Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 will be released in a prestige format and retail at $9.99 USD, out on 20 May this year.
visit www.dccomics.com for more info on this