Take Home The Art Of The Movie
Artwork from Batman, Star Wars and more will go under the hammer in an upcoming London auction…
- Original movie artwork including hand-drawn Batman (1989) costume sketches from Academy Award-winning costume designer, Bob Ringwood, are to be sold as part of Prop Store’s Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction on Tuesday 1st and Wednesday 2nd December 2020
- A hand-painted logo matte painting made circa 1951 for Paramount Pictures’ famous opening credits is estimated to sell between £15,000 – £25,000 ($19,500 – 32,500)
- Over 900 lots of props, costumes and production ephemera will be sold as part of the two-day auction, featuring a collection of film memorabilia worth over £4.4 million ($5.7 million)
Stephen Lane, Prop Store CEO, commented on the upcoming auction: “Movie fans will be very excited to see some of the fantastic artwork we’ve got coming up in our Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction, particularly the incredible hand-drawn Batman costume sketches from legendary costume designer, Bob Ringwood, with the Batman sketch even signed by Batman-creator, Bob Kane! This great artwork will be sold together with over 900 props and costumes at Prop Store’s Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction on 1st and 2nd December 2020.”
The Prop Store Live Auction will feature:
- Ray Harryhausen Hand-Drawn Concept Sketch of Talos from JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS (1963). Estimate £5,000 – 8,000 ($6,500 – 10,400)
- Chris Achilléos Hand-painted Illustration (Sold with Copyright) from BRUCE LEE: ENTER THE DRAGON (1973). Estimate £6,000 – 8,000 ($7,800 – 10,400)
- Roger Deer Hand-painted Ice Hangar Artwork from STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (1980). Estimate £4,000 – 6,000 ($5,200 – 7,800)
- Hand-painted Chucky Artwork from CHILD’S PLAY (1988). Estimate £600 – 800 ($780 – 1,040)
- Bob Ringwood Hand-painted Costume Design for The Penguin (Danny DeVito) from BATMAN RETURNS (1992). Estimate £4,000 – 6,000 ($5,200 – 7,800)
- Hand-painted Paramount Pictures 1951-1975 Logo Matte Painting from PARAMOUNT PICTURES (C. 1951-1975)/INDIANA JONES SERIES (1981-2008). Estimate £15,000 – 25,000 ($19,500 – 32,500)
- Bob Ringwood Hand-drawn Batman (Michael Keaton) Costume Design from BATMAN (1989). Estimate £6,000 – 8,000 ($7,800 – 10,400)
The auction will be live streamed online for fans to track the action and participate in bidding themselves. Bids can be placed online or by phone from anywhere in the world.
Auction lots can be viewed by appointment at Prop Store’s office facility in Hertfordshire, UK. Lots can be viewed by appointment only, please email [email protected] for more details.
Prop Store will hold a virtual preview exhibition event in November via social media, with opportunities to see props from the auction up close and ask questions of the specialists.
Registration is now open and online proxy bids can be submitted here: https://ukm.propstoreauction.com/m/view-auctions/info/id/244