Cinema History Sold
♦ Prop Store – one of the world’s leading film and TV memorabilia companies – has today announced results from its November live poster auction, with posters and artwork on offer fetching in excess of £175,000 ($225,000). Prop Store’s Cinema Poster Live Auction was held yesterday (Tuesday 20th November 2018) at Prop Store’s UK headquarters in Hertfordshire]…
Over 400 posters and original artworks went under the hammer at a UK auction including James Bond: Dr No (1962) – UK Quad Poster sold for £9840 ($12,595), The Thing (1982) – Final Artwork for UK Quad Poster sold for £8,610 ($11,020), Audrey Hepburn: Breakfast At Tiffany’s (1961)- US One-Sheet sold for £4,920 ($6,297).
Prop Store – one of the world’s leading film and TV memorabilia companies – has today announced results from its November live poster auction, with posters and artwork on offer fetching in excess of £175,000 ($225,000).
Other notable sales included:
- BREAKER MORANT Final Artwork for UK Quad Poster (1979) sold for £7,995 ($10,233)
- WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY UK Quad Poster (1971) sold for £861 ($1,102)
- JAMES BOND: SPECTRE Cast/Crew Limited Edition Signed Poster (2015) sold for £1,968 ($2,519)
- HAMMER: DRACULA A.D. 1972 Final Artwork for Dracula Chelsea ’73 (1972) sold for £4,920 ($6,297)
- GET CARTER Quad Poster (1971) sold for £3,075 ($3,936)
- STAR WARS US “Birthday” Poster (1977) sold for £2,583 ($3,306)
- THE GREAT ESCAPE Quad Poster (1963) sold for £2,460 ($3,148)
- THE SNOWMAN Colour Animation Cel (1982) sold for £1,353 ($1,731)
- HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER’S STONE Autographed US 1-Sheet (2001) sold for £861 ($1,102)
- RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK US One-Sheet Poster (1981) sold for £1,599 ($2,046)
The auction was suitable for fans with a variety of budgets and bids could be placed online from anywhere in the world, by phone or in person.
Stephen Lane, Prop Store CEO, commented on the auction: “We were absolutely delighted with the frenzied activity and spectacular results from our second live poster auction. The sale exceeded our expectations and delivered a resounding endorsement for the desire to own these historic artifacts.”
Mike Bloomfield, Prop Store’s poster expert spoke about the auction: “We’re very pleased with the auction. The James Bond material was a big success and we had some fantastic results with original artwork, including The Thing and Breaker Morant which both performed very well. We look forward to the next sale in June 2019.“
Here’s images of a few of the posters that went up for sale